Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Give it away to keep it.

As the EO Boston learning Chair, I have had an amazing opportunity to be in front of some great speakers and learning events. It was great to be able to plan the years learning agenda, decide who was going to come speak to the chapter, work with the speakers before hand and everything else that goes along with making these events happen. If it were not for the great work of Caryn Saitz, it all would have just been a well intentioned plan however and much thanks goes out to her for making all these great things happen.

One of my metrics was to have two events around a charity. We had not done this for a while, and i wanted to be part of giving back. We worked with Genesis Fund and sponsored part of YAZ day at Fenway and our chapter members stepped up to volunteer at The Boston Food Bank. There is an extra event happening at the end of april as we sponsor Genesis Fund and their newest event to be held at FourKicks, Family Fun Day. That just sounds like a good time waiting to happen.


It been a pleasure to bring some amazing learning events such as Howard Schultz from Starbucks, Jack Daly on Sales, Mark Moses on Strategy, Analytics training at Google, EO 24 @Scvngr, Book signing with Tony Hsieh of Zappos, Behind the sceens of the Boston Breakers, Four Seasons University and more still to come. Karen Smyers on life as a professional athlete, EO Boston Sprint Triathlon, Sell your business for millions with Christine Comaford, Mastering the Rockefeller Habits workshop and EO Nerve.

I wanted to do this role for selfish reasons, there were people that I wanted to see. What happened is that we created a truly amazing line up of great speakers, fun personalities, great take home content, fun family experiences and so much more for so many people. I got far more out of seeing others have a good time while they got some good take away, than I could have ever imagined for myself.

One of my greatest passions is sharing with others the things I like to do. I got to do this for a full year on a number of different levels and it was so very rewarding. Thank you for the great opportunities there are in life, I am fortunate to have these experiences. I gave away a little time and got it back times 10 for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment