Monday, April 12, 2010

Anything is Possible

Make it Happen.

This was the theme for the first quarter at Kris & Co. and while now in the middle of Q1 reviews with sales reps, it is clear that many reps did make it happen.

Make what happen? Business growth? Personal growth?, Family Growth? It’s up to you what you want to work on and this simple exercise is all that was needed for me to help start to Make It Happen.

I need to visualize something before I can put an ounce of energy into it, but when I can see it, smell it, taste it, and almost have myself convinced that it is already so, It is then that I am ready to go make it happen. Prior to meeting Cameron, I had no means of putting all that to paper and it was two things he taught me that have been very powerful indeed.

The Painted picture is a look at my life three years from today and it goes a little something like this. Pick a day, any day and separate yourself from the world. No cell phones, crackberrys, ipads, or any tech for that matter. Pick a place where you can be by yourself. My favorite is the rock on the ocean in Magnolia, MA and start writing.

Here are his suggested parts of your business to take a look at and what they will look like three years from toady in your perfect world.

1. Overall Vision 2. Brand Presence 3. People, Culture, Values & Spirit 4. Leadership 5. Profitability 6. Communication 7. Customer Service 8. Measuring & Monitoring Growth 9. Image 10. Media 11. Systems 12. Mentors, Board 13. Success.

What do each of these areas look like. Spend some time to visualize each of these and describe it as best you can.

Simple, there you go. That is where you want to be in three years. You saw it, felt it, touched it and almost have yourself believing that it is already so. Now you need to Make it Happen. That plan is for another day………… stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment