Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Love my Garmin


Love my Garmin forerunner 310 xt

When I started working out, I bought myself an inexpensive HR monitor that was good for spin class, some outdoor riding and early running. As time went on, I wanted to pace myself on the runs, I wanted to see where I had been, I wanted to know how much power I was pushing on the rides and I wanted to be able to share this info with my tri coach.

I tried a few watches and after returning them all , My lovely wife bought me the forerunner 310xt for my birthday in 2009 and I have loved it ever since. The thing I love about it more than the billion things it does is the ease of use. If apple were to make a great tri watch, here it is.

I added the cadence/speed sensor for my bike to track pedal rotation and to get speed while on an indoor trainer for the winter months.

I ride to my power number or to my heart rate number as part of my training sent to me by Michele on trainingpeaks.com and I can upload the data after a workout for her to see how well I am doing. No cheating allowed when all that data is reported.

I love the multisport mode. During an event I can start the timer at the start of the swim, hit the lap button when I leave the water, hit it when I leave t1 and so on and have all my splits recorded. Some smaller events only give you swim/bike/run splits and not T times.

There are tons of features I don’t use yet and I am glad there is stuff to grow into. As a gadget guy who has the have the next best, this little guy has me taken care of for a longtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment